Getting Your Repair Right the First Time
Here at BA Auto Care (formerly British American), we focus on delivering high quality service -- getting it right for every customer -- time after time after time. Our goal is to partner with you in caring for your automobile.
To deliver on this kind of service excellence we utilize the latest equipment for ensuring excellent diagnostics and repairs. We hire experienced, certified automotive technicians and provide them with regular, on-going training. The policies, procedures, checks, and balances we have in place ensure that each time you schedule and come in for an automotive service with us, you receive top notch service excellence from start to finish.
Importantly, we take the time to properly diagnose the problem. This is essential in avoiding "wasted, unnecessary repairs". And, you'll be glad to know that we will run a free computer scan so that we can recommend the diagnostic pathway that will get to the bottom of the problem as efficiently as possible.
We offer the following car repair and diagnostic services:
- Battery Services - We offer a full line-up of automotive battery services including predictive auto battery testing, auto battery maintenance and cleaning, and battery replacement. Read more about our battery services for your car here.
- Brake Service and Repair - Proper maintenance of your brakes is paramount to auto safety. We do a thorough job of inspecting and repairing your brakes. Read more about our automotive brake service here.
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis - When you bring your car in because the check engine light is on, we need to hook your car up to a computer to scan for codes to determine the problem. These codes identify the system that is at fault and give a general idea of the system that is causing the light to either flash or stay on. Importantly, if the check engine light is flashing you should stop as soon as it is safe to do so, and have your car towed in. This check engine light blog provides additional information.
- Clutch Services - Testing is the first step in figuring out what's going on if you are experiencing a problem with the clutch. We offer this testing service as part of the initial assessment of the problems you may be experiencing with you clutch. For more information on our clutch repair services click here.
- Computer Diagnostics - Each year cars become more and more complex. These days almost all the mechanical systems in your car also have a computer component. We use up to date scanning tools and laptop computers to help diagnose automotive problems. Because we stay up to date on new technology, in some cases, our tools can exceed what the manufacturer can do. Read more on our computer diagnostics here.
- Electrical System Services - From electric windows to the instrument display panel to the battery, everything that needs or supplies electrical power is part of the electrical system. The more precise you are in describing the problem, the easier the problem is to diagnose. Use a diagnostic sheet to help diagnose your problem, or read more about automotive electrical systems here.
- Emission & Exhaust System Services - Since the mid-1990s, all vehicles have a system that monitors the emission system. [See OBDII] This system stores data related to the emissions, and when a car starts to pollute the system it turns on a check engine light. BA Auto Care checks the codes and monitor data to track down the problem and recommend repairs. For vehicles manufactured before the 1990s, we use a four gas emissions analyzer and other test equipment to check out the emissions system. Importantly, our services include repairs for vehicles that don't pass the Maryland Vehicle Emissions Inspection Program (VEIP). Read more about our emissions & exhaust services here.
- Engine Repairs and Replacement - Major engine repairs or replacements are very rare for vehicles that have a regular history of preventive maintenance; however, we do perform cylinder head repairs and engine replacements. Read more about our engine services here.
- Fuel Injection Services - It is rare that the fuel injection system needs to be serviced. Today's fuels keep injectors clean. In case a problem does arise, we do have to diagnose the fuel injection system to find out what needs to be repaired. Injectors can fail due to leaking or to an electrical issue. Fuel pumps and regulators can also be a problem. Some predictive services can include a fuel pump pressure check and an amperage check.
- Radiator Services & Engine Cooling System Services - We service and repair all items related to the engine cooling system. This not only includes the radiator but also the water pump; electric fan sensors and wiring; hoses; heater core; intake manifold and gaskets; thermostat and housings; belts and idlers. If you think you might be having problems with your radiator or cooling system check out our Cooling/Overheating Diagnostic Sheet.
- Steering and Suspension - Some of the common steering and suspension repairs we perform include: 1) Front and rear struts - these are suspension units that include the shock absorbing unit and spring, 2) Shock absorbers, 3) Control arms and links, 4) Ball joints, 5) Tie rods, 6) Steering rack, lines and pump, 7) Steering box, and 8) Bearings and seals.
- Timing Belt - While some vehicles have timing chains that don't need to be replaced as part of maintenance, a good percentage of vehicles have timing belts. They should be replaced as part of a regular preventive maintenance schedule. The time and the miles at which this is done vary from make to make and engine to engine. Some common repairs that go along with the timing belt replacement include the water pump, camshaft and crankshaft seals, idlers, tensioners, and variable timing systems.
- Tire Repairs - Proper tire care is an essential part of any vehicle preventive maintenance program and in fact, it's one of the most overlooked vehicle services. Make sure when your tires are inspected that your car is actually placed up on a lift! This allows for proper tire inspection. We are a full service shop when it comes to automobile tires, offering tire servicing, inspection, replacement and repairs. If you are in need of a tire repair, check out this blog to find out if you are likely to need a new tire.
- Transmission Service and Repair - We service and repair both automatic and manual transmissions. If you think you are having a problem with your automatic transmission, be sure to download and complete our automatic transmission diagnostic form. It can help you to specify the type of problem you are experiencing as well as when it's occurring.
- Wheel Balancing & 4-Wheel Alignment - The most common time we will balance your wheels is after a rotation, while signs of a wheel alignment problem are checked for each time you come in for a preventive maintenance service. Find out more information about getting your tires balanced or getting a wheel alignment here.